(especially of change or action) relating to or affecting the fundamental nature of something; far-reaching or thorough.
regard for one’s own well-being and happiness (chiefly considered as a desirable rather than narcissistic characteristic).
For all of you lovely individuals who have been supporting me, rather it be following and reading my blog post, or simply being there as a friend, family member or a mentor. You all know that everything that I do centers around this “personal journey” that I always refer to. This journey of self- love, discovery, and healing. The year of 2017 has been nothing more than a testimony for me, and so I promised myself that the year of 2018 will be my year of progression, prosperity and success in more ways than one.
With it being the second month of 2018, I’ve decided to create a personal challenge for myself once again, but with a twist.
I’m focusing on one thing and one thing only and that’s loving myself unconditionally, by any means necessary. Radical self- love.
Recognizing and appreciating the hardships I find myself facing. I often times find myself comparing my life to that of others when it comes to blogging, and being a creative. I feel as if I am stuck with my brand not being where I want it to be. Which requires me to be more patient with myself, a friend of mine recently told me “You cant rush greatness or success”. In understanding that I realize that I need to “be still” while continuing to put in the work.
All while going through the motions of trying to be a successful college student while dealing with mental health issues primarily on my own. I expect for this challenge to help aid in me centering myself. Giving myself enough credit for the things that I have accomplished and not beating myself up for things that I’m still working towards.
Radical Self- love (A personal Challenge):
- Meditate for 10 minutes every morning before starting my day.
- Complete 30 minutes of yoga every evening.
- Drink 2 liters of water throughout the day. Eat three meals everyday and include more green in my diet, more fruits and vegetables.
- Write down positive self- affirmations for the 28 days of February and read them aloud to myself in the mirror everyday, and at the end of the month release them into the universe.
- Dedicate every Sunday of the month as a “radical self -care day, where I unwind, complete school work or any other task, drink organic relaxing tea, journal, read etc. (I will document what I decide to do on the particular Sunday of the month and share it via my blog every Sunday)
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” – Audre Lorde
Feel free to join me on my personal challenge and be on the look out for updates regarding this challenge of radical self-love.